Awards & Prizes
Ø Prof. Reena Srivastava won prize for best co author for paper published in Journal of UP chapter of Obs. & Gyn.
Ø Dr. Parul Gupta won gold medal for best paper publication in Journal of UP chapter of Obs. & Gyn.
Ø Dr. Mukta won the gold medal for best paper presentation in miscellaneous group in UPCOG 2014 Mujaffarnagar U.P..
Ø Dr. Mukta & Dr. Sneha got second position in quiz competition at of UP chapter of Obs. & Gyn. Mujaffarnagar U.P..
Orations & Lectures
Ø Dr. Reena Srivastava had delivered a lecture on myths in contraception at workshop on contraception & OCPs at FOGSI Gorakhpur on 08/06/2014.
Ø Workshop on Reproductive Endocrinology IGNITE Programme organized by National FOGSI 20/07/2014 Prof. Reena Srivastava delivered a lecture on preterm labour.
Ø Panel discussion on PCOS & adolescents PCOS on 20/09/2014. Coordinator Prof. Reena Srivastava.
Ø Dr. Reena Srivastava participated in Panel discussion in pre-malignant lesions of cervix in World Congress National Association of Reproduction & Child Health in India. 8th Nov.
Ø Dr. Reena Srivasatva chaired the session on clinical Implications of three hormones progesterone, HCG, AMH at UPCOG 28th – 30th Nov at Muzaffar nagar Medical College.
Ø Dr. Reena Srivastava delivered a lecture on Anaemia in pregnancy at Biotechnology & Molecular Biology Centre MGPG College Gorakhpur on 6th Dec 2014.
Ø Dr. Reena Srivastava delivered a lecture on HIV/AIDS organized by Inner Wheel Club Gorakhpur at A. D. Girls Inter College Gorakhpur
Ø Dr. Aradhna Singh chaired session (Mixed bag) in NARCHI World Condress Of Obs & Gynae 2014 held at convention center LKO.
Ø Dr. Sudhir Gupta delivered a lecture in DDU University on Sexually Transmitted Infections.
Ø Dr. Sudhir Gupta delivered a lecture in Oncology Workshop AGOI at Lucknow.
Ø Dr. Sudhir Gupta & Dr. Ruma Sarkar delivered lectures in IYCF.
Conferences, workshops & paper presented
Ø PPIUCD Workshop was conducted on 31st Aug 2014 Trainers:- Dr.Renu, Dr. Vani, Dr. Geeta (Myths in contraception).
Ø Programme with Dr. Yashodhra FOGSI Aug 14
Ø Intrauterine death causes in view of earlier causes. The recent trend of IUD for better antenatal care. Prof. Reena Srivastava, Dr,Aradhana Singh By Dr. Shaivya presented in NARCHI World congress 2014 held at LKO
Ø Kavita (Counselor) participated in training of early infant diagnosis and child development issues in context of ART & pediatric adherence and how to counsel for adherence at DDU GU Gorakhpur.
Ø Dr Aradhna Singh & Dr. Priya participated in workshop on Infertility unplugged on 13th & 14th Dec. 2014.
Ø Dr. Ruma Sarkar attended meeting of IYCF (UNICEF) at Lucknow on 20/12/14.
Ø Dr. Reena Srivastava. Intravenous fluids in pregnancy & labour-What & when. The journal of UP chaptor of Obs. & Gyn., Volume 21,June 2014.
Ø Nidhi Sachan, Babita Kapoor, Renu Mohan, Reena Srivastava, NR Sharma. Evaluate the efficacy of vaginal fluid creatinine for detection of premature rupture of membrane. Published in the Jonrnal Of UP Chapter Of Obs & Gynae,June 14.
Ø Parul Gupta, Reena Srivastava, NR Sharma, Vani Aditya, Ruma Sarkar, Mahima Mittal. Assessment of success of vaginal birth after previous caesarian section. Published in the Jonrnal Of UP Chapter Of Obs & Gynae,June 14.
Ø Anika Mohan, Reena Srivastava, NR Sharma, DK Srivastava, V Aditya, Aradhna Singh.Proportion of genital tuberculosis in case of infertility, abnormal uterine bleeding & refractory pelvic inflammatory disease. Published in the Jonrnal Of UP Chapter Of Obs & Gynae, Volume 21,June 14.
Ø Dr. Harish Chandra Tiwari, Dr. Richa Mishra .The quality of antenatal care service in Shivrajpur block of district Kanpur: a community based survey. Published in International Journal of Research in Medical Sciences | April-June 2014 | Vol 2 | Issue 2 Page 485.
Ø Dr. Harish Chandra Tiwari, Dr. Shraddha Dwivedi. Overweight & obesity & its correlates among school going adolescents of district Allahabad. A cross sectional study, accepted for publication in Indian journal of Prev. & Social Medicine.
ACADEMIC EVENTS OF DEPARTMENT OF OBSTETRICS AND GYNAECOLOGY IN 2013-14
1. PG Orientation workshop for proforma and thesis writing organised by college research cell,BRD Medical College Gorakhpur on 15.6.13 and 16.6.2013(Chair Person -Prof Reena Srivastav).
2. Lecture on Gestational Diabetes Mellitus held on 30.7.13 by Dr Aradhna Singh.
3. Certificate course on contraception was organised from August -November 2013 on 4th Sunday of each month.Dr., Sadhna Gupta Chairperson Safe motherhood committee (FOGSI) and Dr Amrita Sarkari were trainers of this course,attented by all faculty members and residents of Department of Obstetrics and Gyanecology.
4. TOT for PPIUCD Clinical training on September 2013.Dr.Geeta ,Dr.Vani,Dr.Renu trained as trainer.
5. FORCE (FOGSI Review course for examination ) PG crash course held at Gorakhpur from 13 - 15 Dec 2013. Organised by Dr Reena Srivastav and Dr Vani Aditya.
6. UHI in partnership with Institute for reproduction (IRH) conducted training cum orientation on LAM on23 Jan 2013 for providers,consultants, residents and staff nurse.
7. UHI with Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology conducted Orientation on PPIUCD on 2 Feb 2013.
8. CME on Obstetrical Haemorrhage and Eclampsia held on 18 Aug 2013. Speakers- Dr., Sadhna Gupta Chairperson Safe motherhood committee (FOGSI), Dr Preeti Kumar, Prof. Uma Singh.(KGMU)
9. CME on Gynaecological malignancies by Dr. M.Q. Beg. Department of Radiation Oncology.
10. Guest Lecture by Prof. K.P. Kushwaha on Brest feeding on 29th April in the Department of Obstetrics and Gyanecology attented by all faculty members and residents.
1. Knowledge on components of ANC care and their utilization in women attending ANC clinic at BRD Medical college Gorakhpur.Sangal Renu,Srivastava Reena ,Singh Manish K.Journal of advance Researches in biological Sciences june 2013.
2. Management of 3rd stage of labourVibha Rai, Dr.N.R.Sharma, Reena Srivastava,Renu Mohan,O.N.Pandey,Vani Aditya,Aradhna Singh JOURNAL OF UP CHAPTER OF OBSTETRICS & GYNAECOLOGY 2013.
3 Mullerian Agenesis:An unusual presentation as hematometra and bilateral hematosalpinx" was published in Indian Journal Of Clinical Practice. December 2013 Vol.24,No. 7: 655-656
4. " Acute abdomen secondary to rare yolk sac tumour " is accepted for publication in Journal of U.P. Chapter of Obstetrics and Gynaecology 2013.
PAPER PRESENTATION IN 2013
1. Paper entitled "Prevalance of placenta accreta and percreta in patient with previous caesarian section". Presenten by Dr. Monika in AICOG 2013.
2. Paper entitled "Active management of 3rd stage of labour IM oxytocin vs IM carboprost." Presented by Dr.Vishi in UPCON 2013.
3. Paper entitled "Instrumentaldeliveries forceps vs ventouse." Presented by Dr.Pratibha in UPCON 2013.
4. Paper entitled "Efficacy of vaginal fluid creatnine in management of preterm rupture of membrane ." Presented by Dr.Nidhi in UPCON 2013.
5. Paper entitled "Proportion of genital tuberculosis in cases of infertility, abnormal uterine bleeding and PID ." Presented by Dr.Anika in UPCON 2013.
6. Paper entitled "Subjective assessment of third stage of labour (Intramuscular syntocinon vs Intramuscular Prostodin)" Presented by Dr. Parul in UPCOn 2013.
1. UPCON QUIZ - Feb 2013 3rd Prize by Dr.Fareha Khatoon & Dr. Ruchi Sahu.
2. UPCON QUIZ - 1st Dec 2013 4th Prize by Dr.Nidhi & Dr. Anika.
3. Young author award for best paper in Indian Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology (indexed) at AICOG 2014 Patna to Dr.Minakshi for the paper entitled Obstetric out come in obese and over weight women.Co-authered by Prof. Reena Srivastava.
THESIS UNDER RESEARCH
1. PREVALANCE OF GENITAL TB IN PID, INFERTILITY AND DYSFUNCTIONAL UTERINE BLEEDING.
2. ROLE OF VAGINAL FLUID CREATININE IN DETECTION OF PREMATURE RUPTURE OF MEMBRANE.
3. TO ASSESS THE FETAL AND MATERNAL MORBIDITY AND MORTALITY IN OPERATIVE VAGINAL DELIVERY (FORCEPS V/S VENTOUSE).
4. ACTIVE MANAGEMENT OF THIRD STAGE OF LABOUR (INTRAMUSCULAR SYNTOCINON V/S INTRAMUSCULAR PROSTODIN).
5. SUBJECTIVE ASSESSMENT OF SUCCESS OF VAGINAL BIRTH AFTER CAESAREAN SECTION.
6. A COMPARATIVE STUDY OF POSTPARTUM IUCD INSERTION AND INTERVAL IUCD INSERTION IN TERMS OF ACCEPTANCE, SIDE EFFECTS, COMPLICATIONS AND RATE OF REMOVAL.
7. MAGNITUDE OF STI IN SEXUALLY TRANSMITTED INFECTIONS IN WOMEN ATTENDING GYNAE OPD AND EFECTIVENESS OF KIT TREATMENT .
8. COHORT STUDY COMPARING THE SAFETY AND EFFICACY OF FOLEYS CATHETER IN INDUCTION OF LABOUR IN COMPARISION TO MISOPROST.
9. MANAGEMENT OF PPH BY HELP OF CONDOM CATHETER.
10.COMPARISON OF SAFETY AND EFFICACY OF INTRAVENOUS IRON SUCROSE AND IRON FCM IN NON PREGNANT ANEMIC FEMALE.
11. EFFECT OF SILDENAFIL IN IUGR.
12. ROLE OF VIT D IN ECCLAMPSIA.
13.ROLE OF INJ MISOPROST IN RETAINED PLACENTA.
14. EFFECT OF MAGNESIUM SULPHATE ON FH PATTERN IN INTRAPARTUM PERIOD.
15.YOLK SAC AS A PREDICTOR IN FIRST TRIMESTER PREGNANCY OUTCOME.
16. AFI EFFECT ON PERINATAL AND NEONATAL OUTCOME.
HOD (Obs & Gynae)